Name: Chen He
Position: Research Assistant
Chen is currently doing her Master’s in Public Health at McGill University and working part-time as a research assistant for DEPRESSED team. She graduated from the University of Washington in 2015 with a Bachelor’s degree Public Health. After graduation, she worked as Systems Quality Assurance Analyst for 2 years in Seattle. Her research with DEPRESSED focuses on individual patient data meta-analyses on the diagnostic accuracy of depression screening tools such as The Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ), The Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS), Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) and Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS). She is interested in data analysis, systematic review, evidence synthesis, disease prevention and health promotion.
- Graduate Excellence Fellowship. Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, 2018
- Levis B, McMillan D, Sun Y, He C, Rice DB, Krishnan A, Wu Y, Azar M, Sanchez TA, Chiovitti MJ, Bhandari PM. Comparison of major depression diagnostic classification probability using the SCID, CIDI, and MINI diagnostic interviews among women in pregnancy or postpartum: An individual participant data meta‐analysis. International Journal of Methods in Psychiatric Research. 2019 Sep 30:e1803.
- He C, Levis B, Riehm KE, Saadat N, Levis AW, Azar M, et al. The accuracy of the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 algorithm for screening to detect major depression: An individual participant data meta-analysis. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 2019 Oct 8:1-13.
- Faust L, Abdi K, Davis K, He C, Mehrotra C, Stibolt E. The Roll-out of Child-friendly Fixed-dose Combination TB Formulations in High-TB-Burden Countries: A Case Study of STEP-TB. Journal of epidemiology and global health. 2019 Aug;9(3):210-6.
- Levis B, Yan XW, He C, Sun Y, Benedetti A, Thombs BD. Comparison of depression prevalence estimates in meta-analyses based on screening tools and rating scales versus diagnostic interviews: a meta-research review. BMC medicine. 2019 Dec;17(1):65.
- He C, Levis B, Thombs BD, Benedetti A, and the DEPRESSD Research Group. The diagnostic accuracy of the Patient Health Questionaire-9 (PHQ-9) algorithm for detecting major depression: An individual participant data meta-analysis. Tenth Annual Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research Scientific Retreat. Montreal, Quebec, Canada. May 2019.
- He C, Levis B, Thombs BD, Benedetti A, and the DEPRESSD Research Group. The diagnostic accuracy of the Patient Health Questionaire-9 (PHQ-9) algorithm for detecting major depression: An individual participant data meta-analysis. McGill Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health 12th Annual Student Research Day. Montreal, Quebec, Canada. March 2019.