Name: Elsa-Lynn Nassar
Position: MSc Student
Born and raised in Beirut, Lebanon, Elsa began her undergraduate studies at the Lebanese American University and completed her Bachelor's degree in Honours Psychology at Concordia University in 2021. There, for her undergraduate thesis, she studied the transdiagnostic role of neuroticism in the expression of depressive and disordered eating symptoms. Elsa has held several research assistantship positions in Canada and Lebanon, centred around clinical psychology. As part of her master's degree with the team, Elsa's research focuses on the methodological quality of depression screening tool accuracy studies. Upon completion of her Master’s, Elsa aspires to pursue a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology.
- Master’s Research Award ($35,000). Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et Culture. 2022-2024.
- Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)-Master’s ($17,500). Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. 2021.
- Vincent, Olga, and Denis Nicolas-Diniacopoulos Scholarship ($3,000). Concordia University. 2021.
- Campaign for a New Millennium Student Contribution Scholarship ($1,000). Concordia University. 2020.
- Concordia Undergraduate Student Research Award ($5,760). Concordia University. 2020.
- Distinguished List. Lebanese American University. 2017-2019.
- Lebanese American University Honor’s Scholarship ($8,000). Lebanese American University. 2017-2018.
- Rookie of the Year Annual Athletic Award, Lebanese American University. 2018.
- Nassar, E. Prenatal Maternal Mental Health During Pandemic Times: The Associations Between Neuroticism, Depressive Symptoms, and Emotional Eating (Undergraduate Honours Thesis). Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Selected Poster Presentations:
- Nassar E., Herba, C., Lippé, S., Vaillancourt, C., Booij, L. Resilience and perinatal stress during pandemic times: What about pregnant women?. Concordia University Undergraduate Research Showcase, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. April 2021
- Nassar E., Herba, C., Lippé, S., Vaillancourt, C., Booij, L. Neuroticism during pandemic times: a moderator of the relationship between prenatal maternal depressive symptoms and emotional eating. Center for Clinical Research in Health 8th Annual Conference, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. January 2021.
Selected Oral Presentations:
- Nassar, E. Anxiety Impedes Adaptive Social Learning Under Uncertainty (Lamba, Frank, & FeldmanHall). Concordia and McGill’s Journal Club, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. February 2021.
- Cordahi-Tabet, C. & Nassar, E. Bullying and self-harm. 24th Annual Congress of the St. Georges University Hospital Conference, Beirut, Lebanon. October 2019.